You've found Father McKenzie. But are you really looking for Eleanor Rigby?

Saturday, May 15, 2004

VIRAL MARKETING


What is this stuff?

Grey Interactive

I checked my disk cache of temporary internet files and discovered that I had downloaded a WMV advertising a certain product ("Cheap Tickets") which I had no recollection of doing. No problem you say, ads are part of the internet and part of life. Wait a minute, I say. This ad was 1.82MB big!!! A BIG problem for people on dial-up (like me).

DEATH to viral marketing (A quote from the site: "Web visitors become brand advocates when we lever their interest with pass-along capabilities". How stupid are we people. STOP being a victim of marketing sharps in pinstripe suits or trendy sunglasses or whatever).

If you get sent any of this rubbish, DELETE IT, and DO NOT BUY OR ENDORSE THEIR PRODUCT.

No comments: